Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rosie

If i have to describe the book in a word - "heartwarming"! Its a warm story about Nick Robertson and his grandmother, Rosie. What made me appreciate this book is that how Rosie, an elderly English citizen lives her life and has so much fun living it. She makes everyone around her feel happy about life. I'm glad i picked out this book when i was in a dull mood. It was a real cheer-upper! Rosie is the main character, of course, and she has a unique quality about being happy. She finds reasons to be happy. She has a strange story to tell about her secret birth and being related to the Russian Royal family, which no one believed, till the end, when Nick gets to know that she is, in fact, Russian royalty. There was a little poem in the story which i loved so much, that i quoted it at my grandad's funeral as well.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush I am the swift uplifting rush Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry: I am not there. I did not die."

BRAVO Titchmarsh. One of the best compositions I've ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment